Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Treasure Coast Hospice!
Since 1982, volunteers have led our organization, and they continue to do so today. An integral part of our team, volunteers play many roles from working with patients, families and pets to providing organizational direction as a a member of our board of directors. Volunteers assist in fulfilling our mission and add great value to the experience of the patients and families we serve. We couldn’t do it without our volunteers and their generosity of time and spirit.
If you’re interested in volunteering but aren’t quite sure where you fit in, review the volunteer opportunities listed below. Whatever your skills and interests, we can help you find a way to make a difference and receive great satisfaction in return.
Just a few of our many volunteer opportunities:
Patient Visitor Volunteer
Visit patients and families and provide companionship and support. Volunteers offer comfort and companionship by reading to the patient, talking or just listening.
Treasured Pets Volunteer
Do you love animals? Help our patients care for their furry companions! Treasured Pets volunteers are trained to help hospice patients care for their pets.
Foundation Database/Data Entry Volunteer
As a database/data entry volunteer, you will put to work your knack for typing, proofreading, and love of procedures and consistency.
Put your retail and sales experience to work by volunteering at one of our thrift boutiques.
Help keep things running by answering phones, greeting visitors and helping with various administrative tasks.
Veterans Visiting Veterans
Volunteers who are themselves veterans take special pride in pinning veterans under the care of Treasure Coast Hospice, sharing the special bond between those who have served in the military.
All volunteers are required to complete:
- New Volunteer Orientation sessions, which are held throughout the year at our office in Stuart and Ft. Pierce.
- Volunteers will also be required to pass a Level 2 background check (reissued every 5 years)- scheduled and paid for by Treasure Coast Hospice.
- TB test is done annually – by Treasure Coast Hospice
- Flu Shot verification annually
- Please bring your driver’s license and auto insurance card to the orientation.
- Volunteer commitment is volunteering 4 hours a week for a minimum of 3 consecutive months.